A new bank was organized and opened for business in Ada, Ohio, October 3rd, 1893.
It was first chartered and organized as a State bank under Ohio laws and was known as the Ada Savings Bank.
The original capital structure was $25,000.00. On June 8th, 1901, the bank was granted a charter to operate as a
National bank and it was then that it became known as the First National Bank of Ada. When the Federal Reserve System was formed in
1913 the First National Bank of Ada immediately became a member.
The Liberty Bank was organized in April of 1902. By October of 1902
deposits in the Liberty Bank totaled $66,500.00. For many years these two banks served the Ada area.
In 1958, the Board of Directors
of these two institutions joined forces and decided to merge the two banks for the good of the community. By September 30, 1958 this was accomplished.
At the time of the merger the name Liberty National Bank of Ada was adopted and total assets exceeded $4,000,000.00. Our new bank building was
completed and dedicated in 1961.
In 1987 Liberty Bancshares, Inc., a one bank holding company, was formed to acquire the assets and liabilities
of Liberty National Bank of and two branch facilities of the Huntington National Bank located in Kenton and Alger, Ohio. This acquisition was completed on
September 18, 1987 and Liberty National Bank of Ada increased its asset base from $47 million to $105 million. The name Liberty National Bank of Ada was shortened to
the present name of Liberty National Bank effective April 9, 1991.
On May 20th, 1996 Liberty National Bank expanded its market base by opening a
new branch in Bellefontaine, Ohio, located in Logan County.
On December 26, 1997, Liberty National Bank acquired the Plaza Ofice in Kenton, Ohio
from The Commercial Savings Bank, an affiliate of Commercial Bancshares, Inc., Upper Sandusky, Ohio. In the transaction, the Company acquired approximately
$384,000 of assets and assumed $9.9 million of deposit liabilities.
On July 31, 2002, Liberty National Bank closed its Alger location.
On October 13, 2006, Liberty National Bank acquired the Ada Branch of The National Bank and Trust Company, Wilmington, Ohio.
In the transaction, Liberty National Bank acquired approximately $4.5 million of assets and assumed $19.4 million of deposit liabilities.
Liberty National Bank decided to take the next step and grow into a new market.
On August 9, 2007, Liberty National Bank had its ground-breaking ceremony for a new office in Marysville, Ohio.
The Grand Opening for the Marysville Office was January 28, 2008.
On July 16, 2009, Liberty National Bank entered into a contingent sales agreement with The Kroger Company on the sale of the Liberty National Bank Kenton
Plaza office. On September 25, 2009, Liberty National Bank closed the Kenton Plaza Office.
Liberty National Bank decided to expand to the south side of Bellefontaine and opened its second location on October 1, 2012.